Cam belt/service

Ads86

Reaction score
Hi all i have a a4 2.0tdi avant sline and i had it serviced at audi 1 year ago and they sed to me it every 2 years or somthing like 20k is this right. and it had a cam belt done at 80k 4 years ago and now it has 138k when does it need to be changed again. thanks

im sure its 75k for the 2.0 tdi cambelt and personally i would change the oil and filters every 10-12k there is no way i would leave basic servicing to 20k regardless of what they say......... longlife servicing is just making lots more strain on engine parts imo...... all these folk with turbo failure etc at an early stage clogged oil pick up pipes next thing you know its knackered bearing shells in the engine etc etc

Our 2.0tdi had its cam belt done when 5 years old and on 61k miles. It's on the variable service schedule but seems to have been serviced every 12k miles.....which is probably quite long enough. All done by Audi.

Id get the belts done as. For sake of what they cost its cheaper than a new engine. Oil wise mine was on longlife before i bought it. Ive done 2 oile changes in 14k. I personally do it 2 times a yr over kill maybe