calling photoshop experts!!! plz

Buxton2901

Reaction score
I am trying the convince the wife that a short rear number plate Will look much better than the standard size plate as we have a private reg which is quite short.
Anyway can someone photoshop the attached pic to make the plate shorter?
She wants to see an example.
Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20151020_182355.jpg
    IMG_20151020_182355.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 170
Phil, thanks so much. I'm not so sure now lol.
Maybe a little bigger would look better.
I am currently tinting the tail lights and worried the bright yellow plate Will look silly

Does anyone know the law on the colour of rear plates?
I would like it to be less yellow. love the old style black and silver plates but I believe they are not legal and shows only

They have to be yellow and reflective. Whether there are any rules on the shade, I have no idea.

They have to be yellow and reflective. Whether there are any rules on the shade, I have no idea.

yeah I just looked into it on dvla. just want it to look different. individual :rockwoot:

Reactions: Brennan
Has to be a specific yellow, shades of are not allowed. The reason the rear is yellow and the front is white is so you can tell if a vehicle is coming towards you or going away specifically in the dark. Pre-1972 plates can be black and white/silver letters both front and rear, private plates that fall into this category can also be black and silver

Letter spacing is critical and has legal detail, it can be tweaked as long as you don't take the p*ss. A dealer plate must have a post code at the bottom, all plates should have this really but again, as long as you don;t take the p*ss then everyone is happy.

Here's mine, I am not a fan of the short plate personally, I like the space to add Euro and UK symbols which is a legal requirement for driving anywhere outside the UK, I added a little Audi detail too. There are three spaces between the two groups but it doesn't look to cheeky, any more and I'd probably get pulled.

IMG 3949

Reactions: Smir
hey @GeoffDunk love the minimal Audi detailing on the plate. Where did you get that from if you don't mind me asking :)