1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caliper refurb

Tj 0785 Mar 7, 2018

1. Tj 0785

Tj 0785 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Bronze Supporter Audi S3

I’m refurbishing my new calipers I’ve got some brake cleaner and a dremmel with some sanding pads. 2 18z brembo seal kits and new pins, brake Caliper primer on order. My questions are can i use a normal paint and not a caliper paint if I’m using a vht clear coat and baking it as instructions say? As I’m not finding the colour I want in the Caliper paint but will try the local colourtone and see if they mix it? Also would these wire brush be to harsh for cleaning the Caliper

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. hendo#1

hendo#1 Active Member

Unless you are constantly on track getting them hot, normal paint will be absolutely fine.

I did my Brembos with acid etch primer and halfords spray paint. Still look great 18months later.

Its all in the prep. I stripped, halved and blasted mine. Painted and rebuilt with new seals, bolts, nipples etc.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    S3 Hilife likes this.
  4. Tj 0785

Mine are mono block but I willlook into getting them blasted I didn’t think off that I’ve also ordered new link pipes and bleed nipples I think the pistons should be re useable, it might see the odd track day but will mainly be road use

5. S3 Hilife

S3 Hilife It's an addiction Team Dolphin Grey VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3 quattro

I agree it should be fine mate For prep I used a fine flap wheel and various grades of sand paper and a cone ended fine wire brush attachment for the awkward bits
    I used the Hycote calliper paint as it comes in the colour I wanted. I wet sanded the primer between coats aswell to get a nice flat finish

[​IMG]

Tj 0785 likes this.
  6. Tj 0785

I’m wanting a blue like this on mine 23AD1C21-41E3-44C5-821A-073F0F3D7BAB.png

7. S3 Hilife

S3 Hilife It's an addiction Team Dolphin Grey VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3 quattro