Bye bye A4!

monkeyhanger

Reaction score
I've had my A4 approaching 10 months now, and it was 10 months old when I bought it. It just hasn't had much use - not all down to COVID. The wife won't drive it (too big) and we're intrigued by bigger discounts opening up on EVs.

Just ordered a new 204ps VW ID3, at 20% discount inc £2500 grant. It's sat at Emden awaiting a lift to the dealership.

As big as a Passat inside (except boot - marginally bigger than the Golf's, reasonably well specced, and a modern (read sparse) interior. The wife will drive it, fuel's cheap, instant response on the accelerator (DSG delay in engaging 1st at a roundabout to move off has been a minor bug bear of mine.

If anyone wants to buy an unused spare spacesaver wheel and generic jack then pm me! I also have a Gledring load liner and rubber mats for the A4 avant if they interest anyone.

Good luck with the id3, I've looked at ev's myself and I think that'll be one for the future...

Good luck with the id3, I've looked at ev's myself and I think that'll be one for the future...
I think all the dodgy software in rushing out the "1st" edition is resolved now. If mine gets on a ship in the next few days, it could be a fortnight away.

Got a great deal on the ID3, the price I got beats Drivethedeal by almost £500. Lots of faff arranging a charging point and a move to Octopus energy now though.

Last edited:
Reactions: cuke2u
Yes they are quite tempting I've wondered about the ID3 too. Like the idea of an EV but the practicality of longer trips (>225 miles for example) and the range anxiety produced puts me off. If you're doing shorter trips then obviously this won't be a problem.