Buzzing Interior Fan

Audi_Alex

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me with their interior fan in their pre-facelift S3? When I start the car, the interior fans are on 'Auto', and usually this is the same as the settings that I stopped the car with. I mostly run without the A/C on, so it fires up with A/C off, and recirculation off. When it is in this setting, the interior fan buzzes intermittently.

When I put the recirculation on, the buzzing stops, so this must be something to do with this circuit. Has anyone got a manual/guide to get to the interior fan? I guess it's behind the climate control panel, but the sound is further towards the passenger footwell side.

Hope to hear from anyone soon!

Cheers

Alex

open your passanger side door, pop the little pannel off from the side of the dash, theres 3 bolts to undo there, then go under the glove box and remove the paneling and you'll see the fan up inside the dash, i think it then just slides directly down and out! just replace it if its buzzing, it'l just die all of a sudden as mine did! lol

Mine did this ^^
Buzzed, few days later died.

It's been a little while since I've had a free weekend to do anything to my car, but just investigated, and its the recirculation flap which is constantly buzzing. The interior fan is fine!

Does anyone know how to replace the recirclation flap adjuster? I've tried to move its position, but it's just got confused so it constantly tries to correct itself but is coming across a restriction, hence the buzzing

Cheers in advance!

Ooh, Never heared of one buzz before. Mine clicks occasionally when going from recirculate to fresh air.
Looked into replacing the solenoid and it looks a right ******.