buying s3 help

clarky17

Reaction score
Hi in the market to look for an s3 i was looking for a 60 plate and above but ive found an 09 with good spec could someone tell me the difference if any between an 09 and 10 plate, it seems like it has the rnse mk1 is that normal in earlier facelifts. thanks in advance

09 reg was the start of the facelift models. I am collecting a 09 reg S3 on Saturday morning, S-Tronic. I personally prefer the facelift models so 09 onwards you should be good. Also RNS-E as you mentioned, and all round a better looking car. Let us know what you find and what you get.

Will you be going manual or S-Tronic?

its an 09 s tronic 40k on the clock just wanted to kno if there was any difference in an 09 and 10 plate

Reactions: Sean Devenney
its an 09 s tronic 40k on the clock just wanted to kno if there was any difference in an 09 and 10 plate
sounds brilliant mate, there isn't much if any difference, both have mk1 RNS-E in them etc and all software for the components are the same bud.

The facelift was introduced from 58 plate onwards. There are slight differences the newer you go but nothing major.
The earlier ones have the mk1 rnse but mine (59 plate) has the mk2 version.
The first facelift models also have the dumbo door mirrors which were fazed out in 2010, along with a slightly different tint to the 3 door rear lights.