Buying help S3 sportback

raffhussain

Reaction score
Hi ppl
I'm going to look at a 2010 and hoping to buy an audi s3 sportback stronic tomorrow and wanted to know if there's was anything I need to look for?
It has full Audi history. Cambelt and water pump done already.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Check all the gearbox controls work ok, should pull well even when changing up through the gears smoothly. In actual fact you won't be able to keep track of which gear you are in unless you look at the display in front of you. Otherwise check the car as you would anyother.
You can't fit a towbar to an S3 btw, Just in case that was your intention.

Maybe ask whether the DSG oil and filter has been changed. It's pretty important that this is done every 40,000 miles.

Thanks for the response.
The car has only done 40k and is full audi histroy so i will defo check for dsg oil and filter otherwise I.m getting that knocked off the final price.

Also wanted to asked heldex service is that due @ 40k? I did ask and was told this has been done.

yes, about 40k. In fact the major service is due at that mileage, which is DSG oil, engine oil, spark plugs, air filter, Haldex oil and the other normal yearly service items. I guess yours must had all that done and should be noted in the service book.