Buying advice

v2mille

Reaction score
Hi have looked through the forum for a while and couldn't find the answers I was looking for, I have been an Audi a6 fan for years but never had the cash to buy one so have saved and have the choice of 2 cars,
1. 2010 3.0 tdi Quattro s line auto with 56000 fsh quite a few paintwork marks, in dark blue.
2. 2011 3.0 tdi Quattro se manual with 41000 fsh immaculate paintwork in silver.
The 2010 model is private sale and the 2011 is a small garage both cars are priced between the £16 - £17k mark , the 2011 looks under priced but not the garages usual stock mainly £3-£6k cars, or just because of spec ?.
my questions are which would resale best in 3 years time (not seen to many manual)
what are the things to look out for ie anything visual or noises to listen for ( heard about possible injector issues or intake problems ? )
Im not looking for someone to make the decision for me just been looking for 3 months now and have seen an awful lot of overpriced cars mostly at main dealers, so I am left with these 2, any input is much appreciated thanks.

I'm not and A6 user but know a bit of Audi and Volkswagen reality. Been Passat user for very long now Audi A8. What I can say is S-Line version will be much easier to sell later then SE and price may be much higher for S-Line with all other details same/similar. The same thing is with the gearbox. With the 3.0tdi I would not even think about buying manual version. And when I was looking for my car (I was also considering A6 estate) the manual version were always much cheaper then auto.

On the other hand, spending 16-17k for a car you would be better of buying from a dealer having implied warranty from them. When you buy from a private seller once you paid for the car and discover a problem it will be very hard to get a seller to resolve it for his expense.

Reactions: RoyC