Burning smell when parked up after using the Battery charge mode whilst driving.

bobcat12

Reaction score
Noticed a burning smell when I've parked and got out the car after using the battery charge function. A3 45 TFSI e only 1 week old, no issue when plugged in charging or using EV mode , only seems to be when using the engine to charge. Phoned Audi and have it booked in for the 3rd of April but I'm not using that function at the moment just incase there's an issue.

Anyone had something similar? I know its a new car and could be a burning off smell but don't want to take the risk with it being electrical.

FYI - car been into Audi, turned out to be some tyre rubber on the exhaust and when in charge mode it gets "very" hot and the smell was burning rubber.

I've never heard of such a thing before, but I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks for your description of the problem. I'll tell my friends to check their car.

Mine does this as it goes (car is 1-2 months old now). I thought it smelt something like hot brakes, the smell is quite faint and I could only notice it after getting out of the car... Hadn't actually though to contact Audi about it, figured it was perhaps expected. Might do now