Build Week = Calendar Week?

Stephen C

Reaction score
Do the build weeks relate to actual calendar weeks, or are they are separate number?

If my car will be build week 22, does that mean the week commencing 26th May?

If it isn't an exact match, it's very close. Week 22 is the switchover week for model years usually, and is towards the end of May or start of June.

If it isn't an exact match, it's very close. Week 22 is the switchover week for model years usually, and is towards the end of May or start of June.

Thanks. I want mine to be the first week that the 2015 model year starts so that I can get it ASAP! So the car should be with me within 4 weeks of that?

Thanks. I want mine to be the first week that the 2015 model year starts so that I can get it ASAP! So the car should be with me within 4 weeks of that?

4 weeks is normal I think but it's not set in stone, it can vary. Also your build week may come forwards between now and then, so watch out.

4 weeks is normal I think but it's not set in stone, it can vary. Also your build week may come forwards between now and then, so watch out.

My dealer guaranteed 2015, so I hope he's right!

Get it in writing just in case you need something to go back at them with!

I don't think it can come forward in his case as it will be an MY15 spec car, and from what I've heard, they don't change over to MY15 until week 22, as I'm in the same boat, waiting on an MY15 spec S3 Sedan - and awaiting on dealership to give me a build date.