Buckled wheel!

Buxton2901

Reaction score
As some may know my 13 plate bitdi has just been in for a replacement wheel bearing and they noted down that the front drivers wheel badly buckled and passenger side slightly buckled.

I've had the car jacked up tonight and can see the drivers is buckled but I wouldn't say badly and the passenger side I cannot see it.

Garage switched the fronts to the back. I7

Question is if I'm not getting any vibration etc then should u look to replace this wheel?

If so what are the cheapest options here?

Cheers guys

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

you can get buckled wheels repaired. In the past I have just run with them, if they car be balanced out then I've not worried.

J.

Reactions: Buxton2901
I'm not try to scare monger, but there is a point(or speed) where physics takes over and the alloy can't take the stresses anymore, slight buckles will be high speed (maybe not even reachable) and big buckles obvs. slower speeds.
A funny story, we in Sunderland CC about 8 months ago and i clocked this range rover, every wheel (like 24" chinese crap with painted tyres)was at least 50mm buckled, just like a clowns car lol. So whipped out my phone and videoed it (<passenger) and as we passed it, i chit you not the lady who was driving it. . her bossom was flying all over side to side :hubbahubba:, everything probably was inside the RR, but i never noticed anything else :racer:
never got to upload vid coz my phone bit it and had to get a new one asap :/

What came first, the buckled wheel or the worn wheel bearing you had to get changed?

A buckled wheel will also cause additional stresses on the suspension components, including the wheel bearing.......

A decent wheel repair shop (not your fast fit high street place) will be able to repair any buckled wheel, in most (but not all) cases.