Facelift Broken Engine mounts after crash

carsforpaul

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Does anyone know of a service or parts that can be purchased to help me to repair my engine mounts on my facelift S3? I brought the car as salvage and noticed that the engine was leaning down on the timing chain side of the engine and on closer inspection certainly 2 of the 3 engine mounts on the block have broken off. (see picture) I am about to pull the engine out of the car, so any help will be greatly appreciated.
Engine mount 1

Does anyone know of a service or parts that can be purchased to help me to repair my engine mounts on my facelift S3? I brought the car as salvage and noticed that the engine was leaning down on the timing chain side of the engine and on closer inspection certainly 2 of the 3 engine mounts on the block have broken off. (see picture) I am about to pull the engine out of the car, so any help will be greatly appreciated. View attachment 195281
So first things first, never mention it is a salvage because, people in general never like to talk about them and they generally are spoken about in a negative connotation. Ask me how I know lol.

So places to look what be at a local junkyard OR go to car-part.com

If you want I suggest just buying aftermarket engine mounts. Do a search on google and you ahould find some from ECS Tuning and I think even USP Motorsports. Might as well replace them with something better seeing as you have the chance to now.

I made that mistake when I sent my seatbelts to be repaired but, did not pay them to replace the webbing with a red or white color. I kick myself all the time for it...

Any other questions you have direct message me. I know these cars very well especially the way the salvage process works. I imagine you have airbag and seatbelt problrms and I could assist you with where to send them and how much it will cost, etc....

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk