Brake Pads

The_Ironist

Reaction score
How much have people paid for brake pads only replacement?

Been quoted £164 for 2 front pads which sounds high to me.

If it 2 sets as you should always replace as a pair then from audi sounds about right. Local audi to me is £110 labour/H. Seen ~£270 on other posts fitted.

Genuine VAG pads £55 for the pair then fitted myself - changed discs and backplates at the same time.

Reactions: MikeParkin and T-800
Genuine VAG pads £55 for the pair then fitted myself - changed discs and backplates at the same time.
Do you have a link for them. Genuine VAG, what make of pad.

Do you have a link for them. Genuine VAG, what make of pad.

Mike on 01905 346808 he’s a top bloke and will help you out.

Think they’re TRW old ones are in the garage but it’s brass monkeys out there.

Reactions: T-800
We're the backing plates easy to change??

Yes mate, just 3 torx bolts. Painted new ones in 4 coats of black smoothrite ....

38771033 3153 455C A918 9C8C2F23A4D3

Reactions: Gazwould
You need VCDS/OBD11 to put it in lining replacement mode then one of these to push the piston back in - they don’t wind back in ....

A3A56A37 F1DB 4A3C AB68 2DECB1492471

Reactions: Rob2k68
Is that for the electronic hand brake ??

That's easy enough. Will have to replace mine soon this winter has destroyed them.

Yes mate it winds the EPB in - when finished you need to exit lining change mode - very important !! but very easy still puts a lot of people off though.

I’ve found that a lot of these parts seem to be just e-coated which is like a primer dip and have very little else in the way of winter protection. Also read on here somewhere that someone’s front backplate rusted around the fixings, came loose and he was lucky that it didn’t do too much damage.

You only need the EPB setting for the rear brakes don't you? I did the fronts on my pre FL car without doing anything like that.