Brake harness needing replaced

bigslippy

Reaction score
Hi , car was in for service yesterday and they confirmed what I feared , the reason for the brake pad warning light constantly on ( even though plenty life left in the pads) is that the connectors front and rear are corroded , they recommend replacing both harnesses.

They offered to relieve me of £850 for parts and labour........... surely replacing the connectors is a more viable option.

Anybody had this issue , if so did they bite the bullet or remedy the problem cheaper?

Regards

I had a problem with a broken connector on my C6 rear caliper, my mechanic friend bought some more connectors soldered it on, and worked a treat

Same situation Audi wanted me to replace the loom

Don’t they come on when the cable makes a circuit, so having an open circuit with no cable would keep the light off? And just check pads manually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of little independent auto electricians around. I had a broken harness (DRL/sidelight) inside my left headlight. I took out the light, took it to his premises, he assessed whether it needed a watertight fix (it didn't) and £3 later, job done.