1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B7 Brake disc thickness question.

Just Rob. May 26, 2019

1. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

Just a quick ones chaps,
    What is the min disc thickness spec for the 365mm oem discs, I assume its approx. 28mm but would like to confirm if possible.
    I was going to get a used set but a tad concerned at using them with the risk of cracking and warping once they get down in thickness.

cheers
    rob

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. RS4 Cookie

RS4 Cookie Member

Hi mate, yeah.. 28mm is the specified min thickness however I've had a set on mine that were down to 26.4mm with no problems on daily roads, don't think they would last too long on a track though..lol. Personally I wouldn't go for second hand discs (unless you know the guy) as they may have had a very hard life. Because of the price (new) I modified a set of VW Phaeton front discs to fit... you need access to/or know someone competent on a Lathe to make up the spacer/adaptors. (See my earlier post about replacement discs as there are photos of what's required)

Just Rob. likes this.