Bose speakers

30vquattro

Reaction score
I'm after upgrading my speakers to bose front doors and back parcel shelf, ( 98 A4), now b what I can gather these are like rocking horse, but I have read along the way the A8 speakers from a similar age might fit, theres plenty of these on eBay, does anybody know for sure or even fitted them?

Cheers

I think, but can't be 100%, that the bose system requires its own amp(s) as the speakers are of an odd impeadance to the 'normal' set up, be worth doing a bit of digging before making a purchase

The bose speakers are 2ohm, so will need a dedicated amp driving them.

Before changing the speakers i'd recommend you sort out the signal driving them.

My install has a Pioneer head unit, driving two amps in the boot. One 4 channel driving the four door speakers and a bridged 2 channel driving a 12" sub.

Door speakers are all standard, and it sounds great. So great infact that i couldnt justify trying to replace the door speakers. Driving the speakers with a decent amount of power from a good amp really wakens them up compared with driving them from the head unit or even worse the standard Concert unit, and having the sub means the little door speakers dont have to bash away trying to make huge amounts of bass, further improving the clarity.

Yes, changing just the speakers does not make it a Bose upgrade, and will probably fry the HU as it won't like driving such low impedance speakers.