Bose Pin ?

The911SC

Reaction score
Hi All,
Anyone know what the Bose pin does? . From what I can understand it assists in setting the right sound characteristics for the audio pilot and bose system but what happens if this is not connected?..

Like an idiot, I managed to snap mine attempting to move it in the connector when fitting my RNS from concert upgrade..

What is the net result if it is not connected?

well Andymac would tell you you've done yourself a favour & I'm sure he'll be along any minute, lol, but its a ground wire that enables the Bose amp sound characturistics, so your choice if sounds better or not mate.

Yes it flattens the EQ of the HU, so you get very little bass or treble adjustment when using those controls. Without it you get more of a smiley face EQ and better response from the tone controls, which in a car is much needed.

Aha, that does explain a lot; like why the concert sounded so wheezy and the rns sounded SO much better with stacks more bass.
Would not fixing it cause any issues do you think?. Does it affect the audio pilot thing? (i am not keen on that anyway)

No issues, in a non Bose setup the HU is identical with nothing connected to the Bose pin. The audio pilot gets it's feed from the speed sensor IIRC so nothing to do with the EQ on the HU.