Bose does not sound right?

immo

Stop me
Reaction score
I used to have a Sportback A3 which didn't have Bose (judging by the fact there was no badges on the speakers), and it had the Symphony head unit. I now have a 3dr A3 with Bose and an RNSE unit (all installed at point of manufacture) however the sound in my Sportback was tons better than what I have now with the Bose sound system... why would this be?? By that I mean the bass was a lot better at low-medium sound levels even with the bass settings set at normal, whereas the new sound system has poor sound and bass even after adjusting the settings. There's also no effect of surround sound filling the car, it very much just sounds like it's coming out of the speakers in the doors.At first I thought it might be the RNSE unit not having as good sound output quality, but after reading about it a bit on here that shouldn't be the case. I was always impressed with the sound in the sportback so the difference in the 3dr was one of the first things I noticed, so something doesn't add up... and suggestions?

You can change how the system sounds by changing settings with VCDS in the sound system menu. I believe by changing your interior to fabric instead of leather changes the overall sound within the car.

There's a saying that goes something along the lines of... 'No highs, no lows, it's got to be Bose' which pretty much sums up most of their systems! The RNSE does sound different to a normal Symphony unit anyway which takes a little while to get used to but actually gives a better sound, I've never been impressed with the Bose setup myself although there is a way to cut the 'Bose wire' which can help to improve the sound for some.

Out of curiosity was the RNSE factory fitted or put in later? If it was a retrofit & hasn't been coded correctly or the Bose pin hasn't bee moved correctly it wont sound right at all. SEE HERE... http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/92156-disconnecting-bose.html

You can change how the system sounds by changing settings with VCDS in the sound system menu. I believe by changing your interior to fabric instead of leather changes the overall sound within the car.
I need to go to Audi to do this? Do they do it for free?
max69vk said:
There's a saying that goes something along the lines of... 'No highs, no lows, it's got to be Bose' which pretty much sums up most of their systems! The RNSE does sound different to a normal Symphony unit anyway which takes a little while to get used to but actually gives a better sound, I've never been impressed with the Bose setup myself although there is a way to cut the 'Bose wire' which can help to improve the sound for some.Out of curiosity was the RNSE factory fitted or put in later? If it was a retrofit & hasn't been coded correctly or the Bose pin hasn't bee moved correctly it wont sound right at all. SEE HERE... Error Page
I know there's a lot of controversity about it, some people think it sounds good, others don't. All I know is it should sound better than what a standard setup did.It's factory fitted

Have a look on the VCDS section and see who your nearest guy is and send him a PM asking if he can do it....thats what normally happens. As said before if it has been a retro-fit the Bose PIN might not have been moved to the correct port in the connector.

Did you get this rectified as I've just got a 2011 Sportback with RNSE & Bose and the Bass is poor?!