Boot (Trunk!) interior light bulb upgrades

PeteBSK

Reaction score
Wanted to keep this separate from the Puddle Light question...
I was disappointed - just being fussy! - that Audi had "skimped" on he bulbs in the boot of my new A6 Avant... it's the Black Edition with the Ambient light package and all lights in the car are LED... except for the lights in the boot interior which are old fashioned incandescent bulbs. I think that these are W5W bulbs.. does anyone have any experience / recommendations for upgrading these to LED?
There are loads of these bulbs around. flat LED ones, cylindrical ones from Osram (£15) and Philips (£18), etc...

Let me know how you get on. Not just me with OCD then.

Reactions: PeteBSK
What did you go for. Also do you have ambient lighting in the rear. My lights in the rear headlining don't even have an illuminated switch - I have the light pack !!

Thanks Rhyso.. can you recall which bulbs and ideally the size - I am pretty sure they are W5Ws - were needed i the back? I have the Ambient lighting pack so don't need the full kit, just the two bulbs for the trunk area...

Thanks Rhyso.. can you recall which bulbs and ideally the size - I am pretty sure they are W5Ws - were needed i the back? I have the Ambient lighting pack so don't need the full kit, just the two bulbs for the trunk area...

No sorry :(

Drop the seller a message and they will point you to the ones you require :)

I needed extra ones for the doors as I've ordered looms from a forum member. I had a reply shortly after with a link to the bulbs :)

Reactions: PeteBSK