boost issues

oily rag78

Reaction score
Hi. im a new member. Ive had my 99 s3 apy for 2years recently im getting running issues the car seems to be boosting all over the place im getting over boost at around 3000 rpm then surging to 6000 sometimes dumping pressure after initial overboost then a gearchange and no boost at all or sometimes overboost again.the car seems to boost better if i creep up the revs.ive unplugged the maf and still the same ive put new recirc valve on .,still the same; oil catch can removing the psv valve and blocking entry on the inlet "tip" i have a new N75 getting delivered this week.

I have also checked n249 pipes and n112 carnt see and splits anywhere.does any one please have any surgestions thanks

Checked for fault codes?

<tuffty/>
Thanks for reply tuffty.i have taken your advice , car is booked in at german auto centre next week for full diagnostic.at the minute im running it with n75 unplugged but still getting surging on full throttle.have you come across wakefield german auto centre before as im un certain , thanks

Can't say I have heard of them myself but you hopefully should be able to get an idea of whats going on at least

<tuffty/>