bonnet

tj1978

MRX
Reaction score
Hi

is a bonnet respray seen as the only and best option to remove motorway stone chips ? touch up paint never looks good in my opinion if you want a smooth finish...

most of them are at the front of the bonnet but there are a few further up about mid-way...

its pearecent paint aswell which makes it harder to touch up...

any suggestions welcome

Regards

Tim

monkeytrousers said:
Try Chipsaway: http://www.chipsaway.co.uk/repair/ Their stone chip repairs are undetectable and much cheaper than a respray.

What makes you think they are cheaper? I've had work done by them, which was to repair a touchup a damages section of a bumper, and cost was 125 cash! I should have got the whole bumper done for 150, and I would have got a better job... apart from the convenience, I would always get the work done at a bodyshop if it was my Audi that was getting fixed... all my opinion of course!

Depends on the number of chips / and where the damage is I suppose. Worth getting a quote anyway.

I`m having my bonnet sprayed on weds.. Too many chips and marks for my liking

I would be interested to know how much you lot get quoted for a bonnet, bumper and wings respray as mine are stone chip heaven.

Ha ha you guys are gettin raped from prices of a respray! Friend of mine in gloucester will do a panel for £100 and a bumper for £90 and thats too an average joe. I get mine done even cheaper for his Life time VIP membership too the club where i work. Im having the passenger side door and rear panel resprayed in exchange for me designing his website in 2 weeks. Its not what you know... its who you know. And the guy does a really good job. I think the best example of his work is his own standard yet perfect skyline.:o.k:

bouncer--daz said:
Ha ha you guys are gettin raped from prices of a respray! Friend of mine in gloucester will do a panel for £100 and a bumper for £90 and thats too an average joe. I get mine done even cheaper for his Life time VIP membership too the club where i work. Im having the passenger side door and rear panel resprayed in exchange for me designing his website in 2 weeks. Its not what you know... its who you know. And the guy does a really good job. I think the best example of his work is his own standard yet perfect skyline.:o.k:

Is this just a bloke in a garage or is this his day job? Where abouts in Glos as i am in Worc and could be interested in that region of dollar!:icon_thumright:

I've had work done for about £100 a panel too, i suppose it depends where you are but paying cash that's what id be lookin to pay.

Had bumper, bonnet and the bottom of my doors done for £350

Spacecowboy said:
Is this just a bloke in a garage or is this his day job? Where abouts in Glos as i am in Worc and could be interested in that region of dollar!:icon_thumright:

Its a proper business.... does body work...scratch repair... and valeting... do you know glos well?:friends:

Not too well. Only really driven through and been out in Chelts. Where bouts is he? Are you based in Glos?

Well im from the forest of dean (please hold back any comments along the lines of inbreds... 6toes... and sheep sh@ggin :no: :blahblah1: ) but I work in gloucester. If you happen to know where eastern avenue is... where you find KFC... the garage is right behind there. I will PM the contact details to you.:friends: my cars going in on the 18th while im away for a week in teneriffe.

Prices in Brum have slowly crept up from £90 per panel to £150 in the last 10 years, I pay the higher amount for a top job, I can get the work done for 70 a panel, and even a whole car resprayed for £400! but would it be quality?! Each to their own I guess.
Not putting a downer on the quality of your mates work of course Daz ;)