Bluefin remap

disk0

Reaction score
I have an A3 tsfi and I am looking at buying one of the bluefin handheld units but wanted to check others opinions before taking the plunge.
I am based in Devon near Exeter and as far as I know there are not any places which do custom remaps.
There are the cheap £200 options but after seeing an A4's headgasket blow and then develop turbo trouble has put me right off.
There is the revo option but it's a tad more expensive, I was hoping to find a place that would tune the map to the engine but without a long journey it's not looking possible.

Reactions: SPARTAN91
Bluefin remaps are conservative compared to Revo/APR so is one of the safest options if you are worried about things breaking. They stick to the factory torque/power curves and just increase them. I've had them on a few cars and are great.

If there is a weak point on your engine then it may cause problems sooner... as will any map. If you don't have VCDS see if someone local to you can do a full scan of your car to make sure everything is 100% first. My MK6 GTI had an oil leak on the turbo at one point, just needed a new seal but we'll never know if the map caused it.

Reactions: audismart and SPARTAN91
Ive got the bluefin on mine, if you sign up to euro car parts they have 15% offers off every now and then and it makes it a cheap option remap.
I installed mine within an hour, very easy and it will show you any fault codes on the car, but like OP said make sure your car is well serviced and running spot on, it is a conservative map and safe, but not in anyway slow, makes a huge difference in the mid range. Two things I changed before install was free flowing pipercross air filter and GFB DV+ (turbo diverter valve) as the standard valve will most probably give up the ghost after a few metal to pedal moments and make sure your running 98RON+ fuel, momentum from tesco 99RON or shell V Power are best. You will be getting around the 240bhp mark which is 20% more power and its safe with a guarantee. :cheerful:

Reactions: SPARTAN91 and disk0
Gave my A3 the Bluefin treatment 3 years ago still going well and no engine troubles what so ever

Reactions: CHEZ, disk0 and audismart
Ordered the bluefin with 10% off £359 + pipercross filter for only £25 :blackrs4:

Good deals at eurocarparts :)

Reactions: audismart and SPARTAN91