1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Bird mess

rossh May 8, 2018

1. rossh

rossh Registered User

Anyone else remove bird mess off their car asap? Been out twice this week with my spray to clear off the mess... :blink:

God knows what the neighbors think :wtf: lol.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2018
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Lavis89

Lavis89 Well-Known Member Regional Rep

Yup, it's amazing how fast it can etch the clear coat, especially with the sun we've had for the past few days

4. daytonamart

daytonamart Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Who cares what they think, bird lime will eat through your paint in hours not days so get it off asap!

5. gary_a4_quattro

gary_a4_quattro Registered User

Ive got a patch on the bonnet of mine that had a been subject to a massive dump from gods knows what ( except it must have had a prawn vindaloo the night before !! ) Had only been on there for the day, certainly was not there in the morning, but in that relatively short space of time it'd etched into the laquer of the paint, almost like a slight crazing pattern.
    If anyone has any paint correction ideas I could follow to try improving the problem ?

6. Lavis89

Lavis89 Well-Known Member Regional Rep

A light buff with a DA and a cutting compound should help massively, at very least it will reduce the edges down so it isn't noticeable

gary_a4_quattro likes this.
  7. Rich76

Rich76 Registered User

I always carry a few clothes and some autoglym show shine for this very occurance

8. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Registered User

Same here always clean it off as soon as i see it.

9. Meemo

Meemo Registered User

quick detailer and cloth wont cut it once it etches, may be able to get away with a good polish by hand, but best of buying a DA and basic kit, then using a ceramic clear coat like cquartz UK to put a hard barrier on your paint to stop future etching.
    I once left my black A4 under a tree a few days, returned and it must of been excess of 100 bird poos, whole bonnet was a complete mess.. oops.
    But resolved with a DA buff by a friend and now have my own Rotory so can sort it myself :) etching is a git!

gary_a4_quattro likes this.
  10. gary_a4_quattro

gary_a4_quattro Registered User