Bilstein B6 or Koni FSD & which ARB's????

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm getting my new eibach springs so taking chance to do shock upgrade as I hate stock ones, they are truly *****.

So I have been interested in Koni FSD's & also Damian@dpm has mentioned Bilstein B6's are much better, anyone chirp in on this please??

Also is there any ARB's I can upgrade on my a3 2.0 TDI DSG that would improve the car overall, seen a few but would like feedback from people with upgrades on.

THanks.

NHN

i have fsd after reading a lot of reviews and i think they are very good if yours springs arent too hard - a good compromise for road and a lot smoother than the oem stuff.

i did a long post about suspension options including ARBs

most kits seem increase the front more than the back proportionately, where as with fwd cars you want to increase the rear much more than the front.

probably the best but most expensive are the neuspeed front and rear are 25mm with 2 way adjustable - use rear at stiffest and front at softest.

there is a new make that do 27mm front and rear, 3 way adjustable, which i would go for if i were starting again.

aha it be you, lol, many thanks fella, which make is that do you remember?

Yeah I will be getting the eibach pro 30mm in day or so & they arent really hard at all from what I've been told.

Would you not also consider an eibach anti roll kit to thicken up the stock roll bars?

I am considering a set!

I'd consider anything as long as functional boycie, check your msn left message on for u when doing final parts of wheel.

I've found H&R kit for £300, neuspeed was £400 from awesome, but thicker the better for rears I guess given fwd as Dunk says

hotchkis 27mm front and rear
front adjustable +45%, +70 and +105%
rear adjustable +90%, +125 and +200%

i would set the rear at 200% and the front at probably +70 for road

www.hotchkis.net

Don't buy Eibach pro kit, it will lower your car minimal and it will still look to tall ! Take Sportline and some better shocks. My friend has it on 3.2 quattro and he bought now D2 coilovers which are way better investment!

I'm not buying to lower though fella, I'm buying to improve the ride & comfort, I'm not into lowering anyway, just oem is *****, but thanks for the info anyway.

Shocks are what I need to decide on thats why FSD's or Bilstein B6's

the eibach -30mm springs are really quite good - they lower a bit without being slammed, but the ride quality is improved even over SE/standard - very hard low springs will reduce grip on anything other than a mirror finish road

I only want a better ride, height doesnt bother me so much & everyone says the 30mm eib pro's are good enough to improve ride over oem sport springs, will get some shocks aswell, leaning towards fsd's

Ok I have gone with Eibach Pro's 30mm with the Koni FSD's as Bilstein are harder ride & I'm not into the lowering to the floor & air cushion for my **** cause of a hard ride, so combination of FSD's with these springs seems to be the ticket, thanks to Dunk for his input.

But expecially hats of to Damian@DPM, has been great service, rang him advised look Bilsteins not really what I want, can he get FSD's, he advised yes but not what they usually stock, he said he'd ring Koni, low & behold come back to me short while later said can get for cheapest price out of everyone & done the deal with springs, all within what an hour or actually less.

To compare Awesome GTI were emailed yesterday & still havnt had a reply, that to me is not what I regard as good service, if I'm dropping £600 on parts & probably more I expect a reply by now even same day tbh on these kinda things that they advertise as stocked, DPM didnt stock but had it done in no time at all, now thats unbeatable service & I will be going back to him for my ARB's & other stuff if he can get.

That shows a willingness to help & provide top notch service, thats the reason why I went to him cause his input on AS from what I've seen has been top class, always willing to help, not always chasing a sale which is a sign of an enthusiast aswell, of course they are there to sell but he has proven beyond a doubt my money belonged with him.

:applaus:& :respekt:to Damian.

Hey it isnt a lie is it, I'm to the point & blunt fella, no time for BS, your service was 1st class & I wanted people to know it, I wanted some products you got in record time, be delivered in next few days I hope so cant get better huh, wish the stealers were the same.

let me know how you get on, I managed to drive over some dips in the road and I feel like i've broken my back, well not quite broken but i'm having to lie down on a hard floor as my back is killing me.