Bike rack for saloon?

thealphabeta

Reaction score
Anyone got a good recommendation? The least abrasive the better. I've heard good things about the Sagaris Bones I think it's called.

I've also looked at the seasucker roof rack which also gets good reviews and looks less likely to damage paintwork albeit it's more expensive

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have a set of Genuine Audi roof bars for sale which I had from new with my A3 saloon. Only used the once to carry a mattress but was originally intended to carry a bike with a Thule attachment. Boot racks are good but your bike will protrude past the width of your car and living where I do the country roads are narrow. Bars still for sale if interested?

I have a set of Genuine Audi roof bars for sale which I had from new with my A3 saloon. Only used the once to carry a mattress but was originally intended to carry a bike with a Thule attachment. Boot racks are good but your bike will protrude past the width of your car and living where I do the country roads are narrow. Bars still for sale if interested?
How do these fit?

The A3 Saloon does not have roof rails so the attach via location holes under the door seals. I can take images of the fitting tomorrow and forward them to you.

How much are you after?

Im asking £95 including shipping. I do have the bars posted elsewhere within Audi Sport under the same username for further details. I can post pics if required but have only been used the once and then removed from my previous car. Reason for sale is that I now have a new S3 sportback so the bars are incompatible.

Sorry mate I completely missed this. How easy is it to get on and off?

Hi. The bars can be fitted in 5 minutes easily. The feet are preset on the bars and fitted with a preset torque T bar allen key for security which is supplied. The easiest and safest way to fit is to put a cloth under the foot opposite the end you are working at to protect your car from scratching unless someone is helping you.

Hi Paul, I'm guessing your roof bars are long gone, however on the off chance that you still have them, I'd be very interested! Greg

Sorry Greg but the bars sold some time ago.

Reactions: GregS3