BIG PROBLEM

DIPS_A4

SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)
Reaction score
hi all!

just had some bad news after getting my a4 b5 tdi serviced got a major leak from my sump gasket and timing belt is quite worn. mechanic said it will be a big job because he has to take the sub frame and bumpers off has any one else had a problem like mine? i was going to sell my car now i think ill be spending a few quid it will be an idea to keep it now.

ouch, not suffered like that mate, bad news eh? Get a few quotes from people and maybe get a second opinion, sound like its going to be expensive as well......have a look around the forum, there are a few people who may be able to point you in the right direction.....good luck!!

Dips, your mechanic is right. Just completing a timing belt chance on a '00 S4, not too bad, as long as you know what you're doing.

The diy mechanic's bible (aka Haynes manual) does mention undoing the subframes to be able to get at the sump bolts (along with a few other things too like the aircon drivebelt and engine mounts) so it looks as though your mechanic's right. Bumper'll have to come off for the timing belt anyway - standard procedure...

You've 2 choices as I see it - get it fixed, keep the car a bit longer and hope nothing else goes worng OR steam the ****** off and flog it ASAP! When the new owner asks just say: 'Leak? What leak?' :eyebrows:.

Note to self: Don't buy an A4 TDi from Leicester... Only kiddin Dips - hope you get sorted whatever decision you make :thumbsup: