Bi-xenon headlights!

dav150n

Reaction score
My apologys in advance if this has been asked before.

Left side headlight keeps flickering then going off. Switch back to sidelights then headlights and it comes back on.

Was just wondering if anyone has/had the same problem? and what it could be? (bulb or something else)
before I hand over a small fortune to Audi :(

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I dont know much about Audis but from my previous experience with other cars and aircraft you might want to check the power box first before getting audi to diagnose it. it could be something as common as a loose connector. But that would not account for turning it off then back on and it fixing itself. my firsst checks would be:1/: Fillament (bulb) check/change2/: Power box connector check

Bulb or ballast.First change check the bulb by taking the bulb from the other headlight .If the problem remain in the same headlight its probably the ballast ,if the problem is the other headlight its the bulb.

Sorry for my bad english
gzrKxluT2e4PpFhWR5DpgsDNzsjExMTMzMzMzMziiUQeyAMNHFkQQADSSvPs4QoQQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Funny aircraft has been mentioned, I came across a site a few weeks back and I didn't realise that aircraft HID lighting is essentially the same as automotive? I know aircraft have had this tech for a longtime but would have thought it'd be different bulb types etc. Some of the kit was 75w and 8000lumens (ie massively bright at 2.5times a road car HID, and with D1S style bulbs). You can also get flashing/blinking ballast/modules too lol.

I had exact same thing last year, mine was under warrenty though, turned out to be a bulb issue, as i only had car two months i got it done very cheap, both bulbs got replaced as over time the xenon tint fades and would look odd if only one bulb done, cost me £46 which i cant moan.

if you go to audi you will be looking at 160-200 per bulb.

hope this helps

Looks like its new bulbs then.
Anyone any ideas what I should be looking for? Ie(type, wattage etc) Gonna try fleabay cos can't bring me self to pay Audi prices!!

Hi, check your PM! I have two brand new OSRAM XENARC D1S (4300k) bulbs which are often OEM in BMW and AUDIs for sale.