Best wax/polish for ibis-white

Matthew_S3

Reaction score
Hey all

What's the best wax/polish for ibis white?

I'm currently using Autoglym Aqua Wax and/or Autoglym Resin Polish!

All advice welcomed even if not related to the topic
Thanks all!

the colour of your car has no bearing on what products to use...it's all detailing mumbo jumbo.

that said, I've found lighter colours like white/silver sometimes look "wetter" when using a sealant rather than a wax.

A good start is actually Autogylm Super Resin Polish, then topped with Extra Gloss Protection.

both can be done quickly and safely by hand, and won't break the bank.

if you wanted to try a different spray sealant, then the Jeffs Werkstat works well (although not sure if you can still get this in the UK??) and the Zaino products look great too, but there are more steps involved in getting to the final finish.

@MatthewA94
that said, I've found lighter colours like white/silver sometimes look "wetter" when using a sealant rather than a wax..
+1 agreed :thumbs up:

if you wanted to try a different spray sealant, then the Jeffs Werkstat works well (although not sure if you can still get this in the UK??) and the Zaino products look great too, but there are more steps involved in getting to the final finish.
My now sold ibis white A4 with Werkstat acrylic kit applied :thumbs up:
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=272166

If you can't get hold of the Werkstat actylic anymore I would probably go with the Sonax Xtreme Protect and Shine Hybrid NPT topped off with Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer :thumbs up:

Firstly ditch the polish, only use a wax or glaze. Polishes are abrasive and not suitable for cars unless its for remedial use.

Reactions: Daz_gsxr
Use the super resin polish

And choose either a nice autofinesse wax

or

Chemical guys do a wax specifically for white cars and it's called white