Best/simplest option for upgrading MY09 Concert stereo?

TimS2016

Reaction score
Hi,
Apologies if there's a thread lurking somewhere which answers this, but after searching I can't find one.

I have an MY 2009 A3 Sportback 1.9 (58 plate), which is currently fitted with the OEM double height Concert stereo, factory fit bluetooth handsfree with a dashboard mounted cradle (and now an adapter for my iPhone6) and looks to have what I'm guessing is a 30-pin iPod connector in the glovebox.

My phone charges from the cradle fine, and connects via bluetooth for voice which all works great.

What I would like to end up with is ideally a DAB capable radio, bluetooth support for voice and ideally music, and the phone cradle continuing to be able to charge my phone.

I don't particularly need satnav and can't see I'm ever going to plug an ipod in - but would greatly appreciate any suggestions as to how best to upgrade the system without spending a ton of cash.

Thanks in advance!
Tim

Welcome to the site.

To retain the original systems like the BT & mfsw, then the Audi rns-e is an option, we supply/fit these.

Pm if of interest.

For aftermarket the Dynavin A3 N6 at £520 has Nav, BT,CD/DVD, USB, iPod, memory card input, music streaming from iPhone. DAB is an add on at about £90. Plug and play unit and sounds better than the previous Concert HU.

I'm ordering the android 4.4.4 one next week hopefully. Also getting the reverse cam but i've read here that the rear speakers don't work when attached? Anyone know what i would need to connect the android double din head unit to the rear speakers in an MY09?

Reactions: TimS2016
I also run an Android 4.4.4 HU and love it. You can use HiLo convertors for the rear speakers to get full power, as the issue is that the amplifier isn't powered, so you just get around 20 watts. I get around this by altering the bias to a 30/70 front/rear split and it's fine. But if you're a real audio junkie then this may not be acceptable. Fine for me.

Reactions: TimS2016 and Sherv
I also run an Android 4.4.4 HU and love it. You can use HiLo convertors for the rear speakers to get full power, as the issue is that the amplifier isn't powered, so you just get around 20 watts. I get around this by altering the bias to a 30/70 front/rear split and it's fine. But if you're a real audio junkie then this may not be acceptable. Fine for me.

Thanks for the info Zac.

you had any issues with lack of bass on yours zac? assuming your have bose anyway...

To fix lack of bass, you can get a cheapish DSP and set all eq settings there

Do you have an example of an Digital Side Player? (DSP) :tonguewink:

Last edited: