Best sealants.

Ultra Violent

Reaction score
I've been using AG extra gloss protection but its nearly ran out.
Not sure what to try next.
I see AF have brought out a Power Seal designed for use with a DA polisher.
Supposedly give 6-9 months protection. Might give it a try.
Any other suggestions welcome. :rockwoot:

Hi. Is the profile pic your current car?. For sealants that are not the ceramic type that have to be applied very carefully and if you make a mistake such as spots of overly thick runs etc, you have to machine polish them off. Ceramics are also best applied under cover and you need to keep them dry for around 12 hrs.I would look at the Carlack polymer system or the Zaino Z2, Z6, Z8. These both give a brilliant long lasting finish that can be topped up in cold weather. The Carlack system gives the ultimate "Knife edge" sharpness to the finish and Zaino will give a glossier warmer finish that I actually prefer.
Picture of white Q7 with Zaino finsih
Audi

Attachments

• DSC_0050.JPG
    DSC_0050.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 131
Reactions: Ultra Violent
I've been using AG extra gloss protection but its nearly ran out.
Not sure what to try next.
I see AF have brought out a Power Seal designed for use with a DA polisher.
Supposedly give 6-9 months protection. Might give it a try.
Any other suggestions welcome. :rockwoot:

I have previously used AF powerseal on my car and a friends car. Very easy to use when the car is polished with AF tough prep first. It doesn't really have to be applied by machine it can be applied by hand too. Simple wipe on wipe of product and extra durability can be seen when applying a wax over the top. I use AF glisten spray wax in between washed to help keep a nice shine.

Generally any thing applied on other than clean paint will have limited life. Its not really that possible to get something to stick to wax or silicon.

Look at something like Gtechniq or Nanolex but on a clean paint surface.

Thanks BH.
That stuff looks the nuts. Might have to invest.
Need a hardcore protection. Will have to wait and see if we get a good wknd soon.
Thanks for the advice.

Thanks BH.
That stuff looks the nuts. Might have to invest.
Need a hardcore protection. Will have to wait and see if we get a good wknd soon.
Thanks for the advice.

I've got this in my garage waiting to go on my next car. When I found out about it my car had so much protection on it already I thought it best to leave it alone. Just using the Reload instead just now.

I applied AF Tough Coat last week, and have covered over 400 miles in crappy weather, and the car still looks pretty much clean apart from a few areas on the wheel arches. Can't comment on how well it'll hold up however in the months to come

I sealed my car with Gtechniq C1, literally on the day I picked it up, after decontaminating the paint, washing it thoroughly and finally polishing it.

I wiped down each surface i was applying the C1 to with IPA to remove polish residue and any other contaminates left over.

It took a long time to apply it to the whole car, as you can imagine, and a little C1 does go a long way, but once you get into a rhythm with it you dont really notice the time :)

A month and a half later, and I pleased to say all I have done to the car is wash, decontaminate and dry the paint each weekend, which takes me about an hour and a half, I have to say the paint still looks great (in my opinion)

I did my Wheels with it too, and i am finding the that the brake dust doesn't really stick to them anymore, so they some up great after the wash.

Here's a Picture from Sunday.

Car New

<edit>

Also Black cars are normally a nightmare to keep clean.

Reactions: Ultra Violent, ChivsBang and Bristle Hound
I sealed my car with Gtechniq C1, literally on the day I picked it up, after decontaminating the paint, washing it thoroughly and finally polishing it.

I wiped down each surface i was applying the C1 to with IPA to remove polish residue and any other contaminates left over.

It took a long time to apply it to the whole car, as you can imagine, and a little C1 does go a long way, but once you get into a rhythm with it you dont really notice the time :)

A month and a half later, and I pleased to say all I have done to the car is wash, decontaminate and dry the paint each weekend, which takes me about an hour and a half, I have to say the paint still looks great (in my opinion)

I did my Wheels with it too, and i am finding the that the brake dust doesn't really stick to them anymore, so they some up great after the wash.

Here's a Picture from Sunday.

View attachment 103272

<edit>

Also Black cars are normally a nightmare to keep clean.

Thanks for the heads up and will be doing the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to go for the G techique C2 V3. Hopefully get it on this weekend.
Go for the last big detail before the weather changes.
If i get a chance I'll get some photos up.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Sounds good, I bought a set that had both C1 and C2 in it, i haven't used the C2 yet, as i intend to top up the C1 with it. I hope the weather holds up for you, up less you have somewhere indoors.

@Ultra Violent - Good choice :thumbs up:
I've used C2V3 before on my wife's old solid red Ford Ka

C2V3 is very easy to work with IMO

Looking foreword to the pic's when you've finished :thumbs up:

Picking up my S3 FL tomorrow and they have not protected the car.. want some advice from start to finish on how to decontaminate clean dry and seal please? Tools & products

Picking up my S3 FL tomorrow and they have not protected the car.. want some advice from start to finish on how to decontaminate clean dry and seal please? Tools & products

Chivsbang, check out the thread I've just posted in the detailing forum.
It's my full cleaning sesh, you should get some ideas there.
Best off luck dude.

Reactions: ChivsBang