Help Please Best place to buy suspension arms

Just a comment really on this general topic or area of these cars, I have just had an MOT at a proper VAG Indie and was given a clean bill of health - ie lost my advisories for the debonding of lower arm suspension bushes!

So, as I had not found anything visually about these bonded bushes to worry me, other than getting advisories on MOT which is never good, I am considering that my VAG Indie has checked them and is happy enough about them in their current state - and my local Audi dealership, who did this MOT in house, was being opportunist or just handing out enough advisories to keep DOT happy - okay no harm done, but getting these advisories started me off getting sorted out to replace them.

Thinking back, I'm sure that I've been given "duff" advisories in the past again possibly to keep DOT records looking good. No one should want to be driving around in a car with defects - but handing out "duff" advisories does not sound like a good plan if it is needing to be done to keep DOT records looking good, does it?
It just depends on how keen MOTer is on day to be honest.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Just a comment really on this general topic or area of these cars, I have just had an MOT at a proper VAG Indie and was given a clean bill of health - ie lost my advisories for the debonding of lower arm suspension bushes!

So, as I had not found anything visually about these bonded bushes to worry me, other than getting advisories on MOT which is never good, I am considering that my VAG Indie has checked them and is happy enough about them in their current state - and my local Audi dealership, who did this MOT in house, was being opportunist or just handing out enough advisories to keep DOT happy - okay no harm done, but getting these advisories started me off getting sorted out to replace them.

Thinking back, I'm sure that I've been given "duff" advisories in the past again possibly to keep DOT records looking good. No one should want to be driving around in a car with defects - but handing out "duff" advisories does not sound like a good plan if it is needing to be done to keep DOT records looking good, does it?

Thats good news mate.

Thats good news mate.

I'll definitely give that area another good looking/levering at when I swop Winter/Summer wheels+tyres in the spring time and take it from there as its a huge 1500miles since its last year's MOT!

The guy that did the MOT testing, who is one of the owners, commented on the fact that I was looking after the "under bits" by slapping Hammerite Satin Black over most of the black bits that rust quickly, I think that I got carried away doing that, since then I've bought a new can of Waxoyl and Owatrol Oil, so maybe a bit more scrapping/sanding to come.