Ben's TFSI Special Edition Saloon

BenKH95

Reaction score
Had this since the end of March, about to make some progress with it so I thought now would be a good time to start a thread, some photos from purchase/collection.

6tk093.jpg

jr2uxk.jpg

14w3ama.jpg

It's a 2008/57 2.0TFSI Quattro Special Edition, it's done just over 95,000 miles with comprehensive history. 3 owners, Audi UK as it was a demo car for 6 months, then a doctor owned it for the next 10 years, taking it to the same Audi dealer for every bit of work required, then the bloke I bought it off has had it for a year and a half and had recently put on new tyres, discs and pads all round.

Just after I bought it I had Midland VW change:

- Cambelt
- Oil pick up pipe
- Oil pump chain
- Thermostat

I've also changed a couple of things, I've installed the Connects2 Bluetooth adaptor so I can actually enjoy the Bose sound system, I've done the cam follower and I've put on some shortened 4D plates.

af7p4x.jpg

4j9o9h.png

It's my first Audi and it's a great car, it does everything I need and it does it all well.

Unfortunately in need of a new rear diff, so I've got a second hand part ordered, also ordered all the necessary bits for a service and the rocker cover gasket is leaking so I've got one on the way also. I'll be modifying this car soon as it's a lifelong itch I need to scratch. Short term plans for this year are:

- Honeycomb grille
- Cat-back exhaust
- R8 coils
- Remap
- Window tint
- Wind deflectors
- Lowering (I'm open to suggestions and hearing peoples' experience on this, only after a 25-30mm or so drop)

Reactions: Alex banu, Charlie Farley, Sidrick and 1 other person
Nice to see another special edition saloon! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do to yours.

I've not long had mine (about 4 months) and even though it was a downgrade from my previous car i have fell in love with it and have to be careful not to spend all my money on modifying it lol they can be very cool when done right as there naturally a very pretty car imo.

Had this since the end of March, about to make some progress with it so I thought now would be a good time to start a thread, some photos from purchase/collection.

6tk093.jpg

jr2uxk.jpg

14w3ama.jpg

It's a 2008/57 2.0TFSI Quattro Special Edition, it's done just over 95,000 miles with comprehensive history. 3 owners, Audi UK as it was a demo car for 6 months, then a doctor owned it for the next 10 years, taking it to the same Audi dealer for every bit of work required, then the bloke I bought it off has had it for a year and a half and had recently put on new tyres, discs and pads all round.

Just after I bought it I had Midland VW change:

- Cambelt
- Oil pick up pipe
- Oil pump chain
- Thermostat

I've also changed a couple of things, I've installed the Connects2 Bluetooth adaptor so I can actually enjoy the Bose sound system, I've done the cam follower and I've put on some shortened 4D plates.

af7p4x.jpg

4j9o9h.png

It's my first Audi and it's a great car, it does everything I need and it does it all well.

Unfortunately in need of a new rear diff, so I've got a second hand part ordered, also ordered all the necessary bits for a service and the rocker cover gasket is leaking so I've got one on the way also. I'll be modifying this car soon as it's a lifelong itch I need to scratch. Short term plans for this year are:

- Honeycomb grille
- Cat-back exhaust
- R8 coils
- Remap
- Window tint
- Wind deflectors
- Lowering (I'm open to suggestions and hearing peoples' experience on this, only after a 25-30mm or so drop)

Looks like a very nice Mk2 special edition.
Some ideal mods in that list aswell, very odd to have a rear diff fail so early as they are not a known problem area on the quattro's.
Will look forward to seeing how things progress.

rob

Some ideal mods in that list aswell, very odd to have a rear diff fail so early as they are not a known problem area on the quattro's.

rob
Mine had a full engine rebuild last November at around 95k miles and only ever seen audi for servicing so i guess stranger things can happen Rob lol

Reactions: Charlie Farley
At least your's is not a Friday afternoon special Ricky like mine...:sadlike:
New short motor, turbo, full power steering rack etc, both rear lamp clusters and all that was at less than 35K miles.:shrug:

Nice to see another special edition saloon! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do to yours.

I've not long had mine (about 4 months) and even though it was a downgrade from my previous car i have fell in love with it and have to be careful not to spend all my money on modifying it lol they can be very cool when done right as there naturally a very pretty car imo.

Likewise, I do wish I had a red one sometimes! When I was looking it was either black or red only. Agreed about the potential for modding going too far, the B7 is the sweet spot in the A4 lineage I think, a well balanced design, so no splitters or the like for me. I'd love DTM bumpers if I end up getting round to it.

rob

Thanks, I've read all of your posts since purchase, fair play to you for sharing so much information. Yeah it's quite surprising really but I guess it's one of those things, sounds like you've had a nightmare with yours!

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Likewise, I do wish I had a red one sometimes! When I was looking it was either black or red only. Agreed about the potential for modding going too far, the B7 is the sweet spot in the A4 lineage I think, a well balanced design, so no splitters or the like for me. I'd love DTM bumpers if I end up getting round to it.

Thanks, I've read all of your posts since purchase, fair play to you for sharing so much information. Yeah it's quite surprising really but I guess it's one of those things, sounds like you've had a nightmare with yours!
Yeah id love the dtm front and rear bumpers they do look really good i prefer the way they hug the exhaust tips on the dtm rear splitter with the 4” tailpipes.

Shame they're so hard to get hold of, fortunately the DTM was offered in the same colour as my car.

Does anyone know what tools are required to do a service? Also the rocker cover, is it just the Torx bolts across the top?

Shame they're so hard to get hold of, fortunately the DTM was offered in the same colour as my car.

Does anyone know what tools are required to do a service? Also the rocker cover, is it just the Torx bolts across the top?
I could do with knowing this as well as i fancy doing a oil, filter and spark plug change.