Beam pattern LED (non matrix)

orcomma

Reaction score
Hi all

I noticed the beam pattern in a carpark today. In particular the "peaks". My previous BMW with LED headlamps I'm convinced had a flat line along the top with no peaks, that just got higher the further to the left (as per legal requirements for RHD)

Does anyone else have the same pattern as mine? Looks like a defect to me?

Can anyone else check? Non-matrix LED lamps here

20171005 184437

Could be from the puddles reflecting against the wall? I''m unsure of they should look normally, anyone have a comparison?

Hi all

I noticed the beam pattern in a carpark today. In particular the "peaks". My previous BMW with LED headlamps I'm convinced had a flat line along the top with no peaks, that just got higher the further to the left (as per legal requirements for RHD)

Does anyone else have the same pattern as mine? Looks like a defect to me?

Can anyone else check? Non-matrix LED lamps here

View attachment 138022
Yep, that's how mine look too.....damn useful for lining the car up when driving it into the garage. These Germans think of everything!

That’s normal, I have matrix but the low beam is the same. What would be interesting is if the car is abroad does the pattern automatically change?
Flat beams might look good on a wall but illuminate the near side very poorly in reality, out of interest which do you find better?

Reactions: orcomma
That’s normal, I have matrix but the low beam is the same. What would be interesting is if the car is abroad does the pattern automatically change?
Flat beams might look good on a wall but illuminate the near side very poorly in reality, out of interest which do you find better?
I drove through Spain and Portugal in my (RHD) S5 with not a single flashed light from oncoming traffic. I checked with dealer before I went and he said the headlights automatically adjusted on the basis of your GPS location. I must admit I was a little sceptical on hearing this, but the evidence seems to support the facts! I've said it before I know, but damn clever chaps these Germans!