Basics

tku

Reaction score
Hi just been onto polished bliss website due to new car arriving soon and wanting to make her look wonderful after recieving it. However after going through the processes listed on the site my total bill came to £178 which is slightly out of my price range for now so I was wanting to know what products would be advisable to buy first with a budget of £100 to still treat the car with some respect! :) I understand that some products will need to be left out for now but just want to know peoples opinions on what would come top of their list. Please include prices of drying towels, cleaning towels pads etc. Thanks! :)

Hello mate. Congrats on the new car. If I were you this is what I would do......
Wash=2 buckets(so you can use the two bucket method....Look it up)£5
A lambswool wash mitt(body) £10 approx
Microfibre wash mitt(wheels) £10
Megs nxt gen car shampoo £12
Dry =Open ended hose method(look it up)£free!!!
A good drying towell (too many to mention 1!!) £10 approx
Protect=Collinite 476. This stuff is good for winter due to its protective and
properties. £18
Applicator pads £5 for two
Plush towell for buffing off the colli £10

That comes to £80 approx depending on where you buy.
Its a brand new car right? There shouldnt be any need to polish but if I were you I would clay. You dont know if the car has picked up contaminents during transportation. Add £17 approx onto the total for megs quick clay kit.
Hope this helps mate.

Ollie

2 clear buckets £10

wash mitt £10

Microfiber mitt £5

Meguires shampoo plus £14 5 litres will last for ages.

Drying towel £10 Get a good one, you will not regret it.

Werkstat carnauba jett £15 Amazing, easy to apply takes no time at all.

Werkstat carnauba gloss £8 Amazing, compliments jett.

Meguires All purpose cleaner £13 Can be used for interior,door shuts, engine bay its a must really.

Poorboys wheel sealant £13 get those new wheels sealed befor the salt gets them.

If you can stretch a little more buy some last touch and a clay bar. Last touch can be used to aid drying too, good stuff.

Depending on what colur car ou have will depend on the werkstat kit too. either carnauba or the acrylic;)

More or less the same as mine with a different means of protection.......However more expensive!!!!! Hope your getting the idea mate, lots of bods have lots of different ways/methods/preferences..........Got to find the best one for you.

Get one of these boys to do it for you. £0 or price of a pint then save up for some quality stuff

Thanks for advice guys! I will be using your lists as my choices when purchasing. Wheels and interior wasn't my main main priority so probably would try keep that side of the budget down. Bodywork polish/clay is where I need to stretch abit more for by the sounds of it. Have read alot about Blackfire products on here however the products being mentioned seem to be mainly Meguiars and Collinite. Have any of you guys tried these?

I had mine clayed and then blackfired, topped up with the blackfire midnight sun wax.Outstanding results for my phantom.However, i have applied colinite over it to no detriment, as i find that it is a better winter protector.That colinite would be great on its own.I would add though to get grit guards for the buckets....dont want that grit to be re applied.Oh, and autosol for the chrome tailpipes.But if its a new car, definately clay it first, so you have a good smooth surface to start with.

Lordcob, using an open-ended hose (i.e the end of the hose with no attachments....just for you mate) will sheet the water off the car prior to drying with a towell etc.....If you havn't got a hose use a watering can. A few threads/posts on this forum explain it in more depth (big shiny pictures too,lordcob). Have a look, you might suprise yourself.