B8 Avant Rear Wash Wipe leaking into passenger rear footwell

B79MJW

Reaction score
Hi

Thought it was still wet from last week's snow but on test it's deffo washer fluid. Had noticed it took a while to get out the rear jet like a 5 second delay

Question is where is the likely join in the pipe at that location and how do I get the lower door sill trim up to investigate? I pressume it's a joint issue in that area rather than the pipe popping. It's the passenger rear doorwell

Pressume previous owner has just ignored it as the jet worked in some capacity.

It's all dried now and I haven't been using the rear spray but really need it sorting in this weather.

Anyone sorted a similar issue or can indicate how to get to the pipework that runs down the inner door area to passenger rear door well.

I'm not sure about the joints on the B8. But I know the VW sharan/Ford galaxy have a joint in the front passenger footwell which are notorious for coming apart. I used to cut the joint out replace it with a straight piece of pipe and cable ties. Done a fair few in my time in the motor trade.

The trims are clipped in. they come off by pulling them upwards. They can be pretty tight.