B7 B7 RS4 Milltec

RS4 Cookie

Reaction score
Hi Folks, was thinking about fitting a Milltec, Cat Back, Non Res, Non Valved system. What I would like to know is will it be too unbearable on longer runs. Iv'e heard a few on youtube and from the outside sound pretty good but not many let you hear from inside, can anyone shed some light on the subject please.

Drone is only between about 1700-2100 rpm so can be avoided with gear selection, but I'd still say get a valved system for reducing the whole system volume (or at least having the option to). They're not as loud inside the car, and more bass than flat out roar. The avant is apparently louder than saloon too as the boot acts as a big speaker box for the exhaust.

Thanx mate, the only downside being the valved systems are 4- 500 pound dearer.....decision time??

I've got the non-valved, non-res on mine and also got the 100 cell downpipes and tbh, I dont really notice the noise, or the drone.

If it does drone, I change gear, simple.

Sorry to high jack thread, but is it true that the b6/7 rs4 exhaust is the same layout as the 2.5tdi? (Cat back)

I don't think it is m8, I had a 3.0 tdi B7 before this one and although it's the V6 it only had one cat and one pipe back to around the rear axle then it split on a "Y" piece to both rear boxes. B7 RS4 has twin pipes from front to rear and two cats...

Some love the whole de-resonator/valveless, where as others soon add resonators due to the drone, so it really is what can I live with.

Try and find someone who's got one fitted locally and see if you can blag a drive.