B6 Cabriolet - Red warning light in Door (connector help)

DrStrange

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After installing 90% of an upgraded LED interior light package for my cabby (thread coming soon) I tried to do the Red warning light which is located vertically. Pic below.

Upload 2016 3 31 10 3 48

Problem
When prying off the Red plastic housing with bulb inside, it detached the connector immediately as there is absolutely no give on the connector. I couldn't pull it out to leave it hanging out the recess.

Upload 2016 3 31 10 10 3
Please could someone shed some light on how I can grab it to re-attach housing with connector? Must i remove the door card etc?

Dan.

Remove the door card they come off easy

Thanks!

Never tried removing it and with my heavy hands, im worried i'll snap the damn door card/trim.

Is this the only way? (Im thinking yes)

Only way is to remove the door card. Very easy to do, remove the plastic trim on the door, just pulls off, there will be I think 4 screws under it. There is one screw at the bottom of the door. If I remember correctly you need to remove the tweeter aswell, just prise off the mesh and there will be one screw. Pull off the electric window switch panel and there is another screw under that. Then just pull the door card off and unplug the cables

Thanks a lot for the quick help guys. Much appreciated.

:)

Only way is to remove the door card. Very easy to do, remove the plastic trim on the door, just pulls off, there will be I think 4 screws under it. There is one screw at the bottom of the door. If I remember correctly you need to remove the tweeter aswell, just prise off the mesh and there will be one screw. Pull off the electric window switch panel and there is another screw under that. Then just pull the door card off and unplug the cables

Thanks A LOT for this explantation Vag Cabby. I finally pulled my finger out and got this done.

I couldnt find anywhere specific instructions for the Cabbie door card removal..just the B6 Saloon which is different. So much so that when attempting this i followed a Youtube video of the saloon version and when it came to 'gently' pulling of the door card clips, i could feel something still was not letting me yank it any further. I was nearly going to brake the damn thing until I re-read your instructions. It was the screw behind the Tweeter speaker and behind the window switch panel that I also removed in order for it to come off.

Pics to follow on my thread with perhaps an updated explanation of how to remove a cabby door card. :)