B6 avant cross drilled front (and rear) discs anyone???

mrmule

Reaction score
My local mechanic cannot find a supplier for the above.

I refuse to believe theyre not available from anyone!

Telephone and part numbers would be great...

Why? Coz I just ****** mine!

Link for the Brembo's please?

I think you can find the brembo's through that first link that Nutkin gave. Why cross drilled though, and why not just regular smooth/vented disks? Just wondering :)

The grooved discs do cool quicker and its very noticable on a track day but drilled is OTT in my opinion. Even some touring cars dont use drilled due to the weak points fracturing.

Brembo tend to wear out fast. I had G88 Tarox on my last car. Seriously nice bit of kit!

I understand guys, the drilled on a diesel seems a bit OTT. However, I do a lot of motorway driving in it, so braking fast and late from high speeds is regular, plus I am fed up with having to throw on the anchors everytime a dumb van driver pulls in to the fast lane at 60mph, resulting in ****** warped discs.

eBay is showing front and rear kits for as little as £109!! How can this be???

If you're warping discs on normal motorway use. Either you drive too close or you're using VERY poor quality dics. Have you tried Genuine Audi?

Not sure if they are - only had the car circa 8 months. This will be the first time I've changed. I do too many miles to drive dangerously; if I did, chances are I'd have had a crash by now. But I likely have a higher risk or running in to plonkers on the road than the average - just feel like I need slightly better performing brakes.

Im not saying drilled is OTT im saying drilled at the level you are looking at is introducing weak points in the design.

Fine if you are doing a 20 lap race and swapping them after. bad if you are doing lots of road driving.

In fac most the time on the road the extra cooling abilitys of the disks can sometimes make breaking less effective. Especially on pads so be careful about looking for the best pads etc DS2500 are nice pads btw many recommend them and their co ef of friction is very flat accross the plane from suprisingly low temps.

Remember most performance brakes need some heat in them to get going so after 4-5 miles on a motorway run of your discs and pads taking 70mph air past them they are hardly in their prime.

If you are looking for fast and effective breaking in this circumstance i would look more to better calipers and bigger disks.

If you are looking for fast and effective breaking in this circumstance i would look more to better calipers and bigger disks.

Now we're talking; off an S4/RS4? QST do a Movit conversion, but that £1600. Other suggestions, and likely places to source?

My suggestion is Genuine discs and pads. More than enough for motorway mileage.

My suggestion is Genuine discs and pads. More than enough for motorway mileage.

TBH if you have the money and the will i would always suggest upgrading brakes, its just one of those parts of a car that you can allways improve on.

Go for the B5 or B6 S4 calipers + discs upgrade, relatively cheap to do and will definately give you more stopping power.

993 turbo brakes fit (just) behind the 17" sport alloys on a 3.0 quattro