B6 A4 window driving me nuts

Yogibear84

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got an issue with my A4 B6.

Driver's (O/S) window (only) doesn't work. I can operate all other windows with the driver's switch. Replaced the switch, motor and electrical control module which is attached to the motor. Wiring all looks to be fine. Still nothing, no power getting to motor. What the hell else could it be? Only odd thing i noticed is when i pulled the old switch apart there was a very slight blackening of the contacts on the switch for the window in question. not completely blown by any means.

If you can solve my problem I'll send you a free window motor! Looking forward for some answers!
Cheers

Might be window regulator.
Pretty common issue. And if it really is the problem I would advise OEM.
I bought cheap ones from ebay and they lasted exactly a year.
Do you hear any noise when operating the switch?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Are the wires intact? I mean. You have no broken wires where it connects to the body of the car?
If motor isn't even engaging might be a broken wire somewhere.

Sorry for the silly question..
But is it really plugged in? Have you done any work recently that required unplugging it and forgot to plug it back on?

Check the wiring inside the rubber boot where the hinges are when you open the door. Seems quite a common problem!

As goodwood says, check wiring inside rubber boot at door hinge. Thats what happened mine....:thumbs up:

Reactions: cormach21
Sorry for the late response but I've all but given up! not the wiring in the rubber boot either. :wtf: