B&O crackling noises

Hi All, sorry to revive an old thread, but are these the sort of crackling sounds you were referring to?

Hi InLimbo.

I have the exact same issue with my car (14 plate S3 saloon), except I have Audi Sound System and not the B&O.

Car is currently with Audi (and has been for past two days). Trying to claim under warranty but because my speaker issue happens sporadically, they have stated that they need to physically see the issue first hand before allowing me to claim under warranty.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-saloon-***-speakers-hissing.308866/#post-2937243

As you can appreciate, I'm fuming as I've showed them 4 different video clips of the same issue (different occasions) identical to of that your're experiencing, but they have said this isn't enough and doesn't follow their "apparent" process to claim on warranty.

The hissing happens on all interface (sd/cd/radio).

The customer service rep at Marshall Bexley Audi isn't great either - they haven't been of much assistance. Not sure whether you've gone into your local dealer yet.

Have you gone into your Audi yet?

Hi,

Is anyone experiencing any crackling noises with their B&O speakers?

I can hear it at the front. Think it's the 25w centre speaker because if I move the sound from the front left to front right, I can still hear it, UNLESS it is both tweeters.

Scott

Only when I'm playing Vinyl !

Have you gone into your Audi yet?

Hey there, the car is booked in on Monday so will see what happens. I've had a car audio shop look at the problem and they can categorically prove that there is an issue with the output signal on the B&O amp for the left hand channels. This may or may not be the same issue as your ***. In recent days, I've actually lost ALL signal from the left hand speakers.

Just a quick update - after much to-ing and fro-ing, the dealer eventually replaced the 5F module in the car. Fingers crossed, but after a couple of weeks, the problem hasn't re-occured.

Hi, having this exact issue, all speakers, all media types. How has everyone's experience been at the dealer with this issue? I put mine in and they claimed fixed by Master Tech doing Firmware update, got it back with exact same issue still present. Going back in a few weeks for round 2, I've pointed them towards the AMP or 5F module this time in hope of getting a similar result as achieved by some of you here.

No issues for me now for 18 months after replacing the 5F module.

Reactions: ScottyW92
So its in for round two, they are now telling me that on the B&O CD they have, there is no issue with crackle but on SD card and Bluetooth they agree there is a crackle but are trying to tell me this is normal due to the media types and possible interference, lower file quality etc. Anyone who's got this "fixed" is it now not evident on all media types (Bluetooth/SD card/CD)?

For me, it crackled across all media sources AND when the unit was not playing anything at all (volume on zero).

For me, it crackled across all media sources AND when the unit was not playing anything at all (volume on zero).
Sounds like you had a different cause of your issue.

They are going to have the car ready for pick up tomorrow morning and they will have a technician on hand to basically demonstrate to me that this issue is normal for the car which I'm not going to be happy with.