B&O amp replacement

TX09B8

Reaction score
579133d0cc989e3bd446c6ebdce12de3.jpg

An ‘09 A5 B8 3.2l this is the amp that has gone bad on me. I took it out and apart and the board is corroded. My question is; I have a full car audio aftermarket system that I have 2 amps to run my speakers but I still need this amp for the signal. Would I be able to replace this model with another one from a different code group? Those are all cheap than the 223 T which is $500 USD. My mechanic has mentioned that he does coding for VAG. Would that be an option? I don’t wanna buy something and it not work with no returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbh you'd need to check if the superseding letter on cheaper units either supersedes to the T or the T supersedes to a later letter version you may also find, if not then it may not work.

Reactions: TX09B8
A replacement will require removal of component protection

Reactions: NHN
As John says ;)

Reactions: JohnS3
Component protection is activated (sound down one side of the car) if the amp is not coded to car whether it be a new amp or a used one. If a used amp is from a stolen car & the serial numbers from that car have been logged on the Audi database it will not pair up with the car.

Component protection is activated (sound down one side of the car) if the amp is not coded to car whether it be a new amp or a used one. If a used amp is from a stolen car & the serial numbers from that car have been logged on the Audi database it will not pair up with the car.

Thanks so much for that! Funny that you mentioned the “sound down one side of the car” because that’s what sent me down the rabbit hole in the first place. My initial problem was that I lost a “channel” or something to where I was only hearing the low pass and not getting a higher range at all; I’ve been on the search for the answer on what exactly to replace since

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bd39a38dca1e8d8d53336b0655e59638.jpg

The board of the amp in question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk