Axle Stand Points on the TDI?

cmal1001

Reaction score
After suggestions of you nice fellows on here i got myself a trolley jack to compliment my axle stands in preparation for the major service. Im assuming i can use the trolley jack to lift the car then place an axle stand per side but where should i place the axle stand? On the jacking point on the sill? OR somewhere on the chassis? A photo would be helpful! Really don't want paramedics scraping up whatever mush is left of my head if i do this incorrectly!

Thanks in advance!

After suggestions of you nice fellows on here i got myself a trolley jack to compliment my axle stands in preparation for the major service. Im assuming i can use the trolley jack to lift the car then place an axle stand per side but where should i place the axle stand? On the jacking point on the sill? OR somewhere on the chassis? A photo would be helpful! Really don't want paramedics scraping up whatever mush is left of my head if i do this incorrectly!

Thanks in advance!
Well since you will using the sills to jack the car up, you cant use them for the axle stands so like most people put them on the subframe bolts as they are the strongest points and tend to have a whopping big bolt which is perfect for axle stands.
On the subject of jacking the car up with your new trolley jack, if you value your sills and they havent been bashed too much already, get some of those rubber jack discs which come with a groove in them. They fit perfectly in the sill.

Reactions: Rob Avant, boffin486 and Charlie Farley