Auto tailgate latch motor.

M8NGN

Reaction score
Hi all. Onto my next problem. Having a bit of trouble with the auto tailgate latch, the boot closes fine but the dis is saying the boot is still open. Took the rear motor off to have a look and have recorded a video, hopefully attached. Anyone know a fix for this. Seems to be around £200 for a new one.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looks like a riveted sealed unit, microswitch issue I'd say, not recognising the position, seems you've adjusted it, could break it open to check inside, bearing in mind you don't know what you'll find & if it'll work afterwards, so beware.

Looks like a riveted sealed unit, microswitch issue I'd say, not recognising the position, seems you've adjusted it, could break it open to check inside, bearing in mind you don't know what you'll find & if it'll work afterwards, so beware.
Cheers bud. Yes fully sealed unit unfortunately. My electrical knowhow is shocking (no pun intended) so wouldn't even risk it, looks like I will have to trawl ebay etc for a donor. To make things worse two of the four metal retaining clips for the boot panel are now in the chassis/rear bumper somewhere. They really don't design these things for replacement.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Coat hanger with a magnet taped on the end, problem solved.

I know that tool, it doesn't flex & with these panels, etc you need something that can bend, flex, this is helpful at times in engine bays but not necessarily for this issue.