Auto Foolding Mirrors

Donfero

Reaction score
I have been working on this project for a few months and finally after testing different methods i got then to work using an arduino microchip. The mirrors close when the alarm is triggered and open when disarmed. In addition i threw in the tilt mirror option when reversing. Also the fog lights with autolights.

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5 and NHN
Well done mate, I designed a nice circuit relay timer based also retaining the switch usage, but didn't put it out there as yet, costs were the thing.

How do you account for the original mirror position being possibly out at times thus maybe doesn't lower enough, as memory mirrors aren't in all bases so no position sensors.

I'd be interested to know more about the circuitry, just curiosity, not personal gain.

The thing about the arduino that its time accurate. I designed it once on reverse to wait about 2 seconds before tilting for 3 seconds, once out of reverse it tilts again for 3 seconds thus going back to its original position, I have although noticed that at times a maybe a bit off but i figured since i have right hand mirrors fitted on a left hander. If anyone decides to proceed with this project using an Arduino i will provide the coding and the wirring diagram but a lot of work will be involved.

Reactions: MikeSel^