Auto dimming mirror/lights retro help. Anyone

cuprajake

Reaction score
Hey guys

Looking to retrofit a dimming mirror with light sensor to my b7.

I've found some info bar the wiring to the ccm for the auto light side of things.

I've pm'd three people who offer retro fitting services with no reply,

Can anyone who's done this shed some light on it please

Jake

Jake I'm on it sorry mate but illness took me out for a long time & I'm catching up to untold jobs apologies my friend.

Ok cheers buddy,

I can supply all the bits it's just the wiring that I cannot find, I can even pre make the ****** loom, I know my way round cars as I've retro fit some bits, I stalled air ride etc i run a bodyshop, just don't have access to else win etc.

Jake

Have you searched the sites?
http://audiforum.us/threads/how-to-fit-auto-lights-with-coming-home-function.5381/
Check post 26 on that thread for the six wiring functions.

I've got a dimming mirror for the cabbie; I've patched in a pair of cables (1&6) out of the mirror, and tested ok, just for ignition power, but I've not completed the install, so don't have full credit. (My light cluster does not seem to have an ignition switched input, so I'll have to run wires; since I also want to support a camera there, I need a good switched power rail)
I wanted the dimming for the cabbie, since I was getting multiple reflections from the dipping mirror with the roof down.

I don't plan to fit dimming side mirrors, so have not planned to wire dimming and light sensor outputs; your plans may differ, but the links are eventually useful for all the sensors.

Last edited: