Audi VIP Event?

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hello All

I have just had a phone call from my local Audi dealership inviting me to a VIP event at their dealership. Anybody know what these are or are they just a sales ploy to get you through the door?

My car is on PCP and coming up to the 2 year point in June so don’t know if this is a coincidence.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Sounds like a sales ploy, had a similar VIP invite from the Merc dealer that sold me my current car. PCP is up in May so not a coincidence for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: DieselJake
Lot easier to close a sale when you are stood in front of them ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
@ScottishA4B9 Ewan, did they give you any details about the event? I get vip event invites every year from a dealership for me to take some members along. It’s held away from the dealership and it’s about driving some of the cars from the range and meeting the staff in a different environment. It’s always a catered event. Yes I’m sure they want you to change your car, by putting temptation in the way, but I’m sure you can resist.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, ScottishA4B9, Ghost and 1 other person
I've been to a couple of Audi ones. Tbh it really is just a sales pitch with some fancy lights and curtains up. They normally hold one to move on stock and the prices are generally cheaper. My wife bought her Q2 from one. Better for me was a BMW one. I wasn't invited, and didn't know about the VIP event - but they let me in anyway. Lots of free proseco and cakes though and thankfully I wasn't driving 'hic. Didn't buy anything though.

Reactions: martin1984, Sandra and Ghost
Yeah sales ploy and they are annually, if not more frequent. Some events have more bells and whistles than others but all the same really.

I get invited by 2 Audi and 1 Volkswagen dealerships to their VIP events.. I must be super important ;)...

The latest was the Audi golden ticket email or something I received a week or two ago.

Reactions: Sandra
Same here, got invited to my local dealership.

I was in the market for an A1 and the deals were considerably better than anything else locally, I sanity checked them against two other Audi franchises and went for it. Trade in offer was also 50% better than anywhere else too, win, win.

Buying a car can all be about timing sometimes.

Reactions: mxnrg and Sandra
@Sandra No details I’m afraid but it’s at Lincoln Audi and it’s on today and tomorrow. Maybe I can get a good deal on a new S4.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Sandra
@ScottishA4B9 Ewan, did they give you any details about the event? I get vip event invites every year from a dealership for me to take some members along. It’s held away from the dealership and it’s about driving some of the cars from the range and meeting the staff in a different environment. It’s always a catered event. Yes I’m sure they want you to change your car, by putting temptation in the way, but I’m sure you can resist.
Can I come with you one day, Sandra :) Pretty please
Not looking to buy any car but would love to drive some "manufacture fresh scented" model.

Reactions: Pinky1959
Can I come with you one day, Sandra :) Pretty please
Not looking to buy any car but would love to drive some "manufacture fresh scented" model.
Of course you can Kris. Soon as I got one organised I will let you know. :) x

Reactions: KrisKrk
Of course you can Kris. Soon as I got one organised I will let you know. :) x

Oh I’d happily be first reserve if Kris can’t make it!

My mate did this a few years back at a posh hotel, full range of Audi’s including RS models. Were given the keys and away you went, basically an unaccompanied test drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn and KrisKrk
Oh I’d happily be first reserve if Kris can’t make it!

My mate did this a few years back at a posh hotel, full range of Audi’s including RS models. Were given the keys and away you went, basically an unaccompanied test drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh my, oh my. I would look silly jumping about, excited like a kid with a lolly, if given a key to RS6 model without anyone next to me. LOL

I'll post it back here, if cannot make it

Reactions: BarryG79
Hey guys, sorry for reviving the thread but I've just had an invite come through for one.

Kind of baffled me as I've never brought a car from them. I've had my S4 in for a service the other week but that's it - it's not find and I purchased it from a private sale. I'm also 18 - I thought you had to be 21 to test drive at Audi?

If I could test drive some RS models I'd go since I think that would be quite enjoyable. Don't think I'd ever trade in my S4 though. Forget an arm and a leg, insurance would want all my limbs.

I've had invites before, for neutral venues and at the dealers. Never ever taken the offer up so far but I've not had an invitation this time around and ironically we'll be looking to change both cars at the end of the year.

Reactions: Kondax
Hey guys, sorry for reviving the thread but I've just had an invite come through for one.

Kind of baffled me as I've never brought a car from them. I've had my S4 in for a service the other week but that's it - it's not find and I purchased it from a private sale. I'm also 18 - I thought you had to be 21 to test drive at Audi?

If I could test drive some RS models I'd go since I think that would be quite enjoyable. Don't think I'd ever trade in my S4 though. Forget an arm and a leg, insurance would want all my limbs.
18 year olds testing demo RS models, note to self never buy a demo ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kondax

Where are you going for this event?

What cars are you considering when you both change ?Or have you not thought as far yet ?
I've had invites before, for neutral venues and at the dealers. Never ever taken the offer up so far but I've not had an invitation this time around and ironically we'll be looking to change both cars at the end of the year.

What cars are you considering when you both change ?Or have you not thought as far yet ?

We have a rough (cunning) plan.
Our aim is to buy a caravan within the next year or so (yeah, I know, old fart eh lol).
Therefore, one of the vehicles needs to be for towing.
Mrs Bairn has suggested down-sizing as her car sits at the house a lot anyway. Possibly new A1 or Abarth???
That lets us up-size the other (my) car a bit.
As far as Audi goes I'm thinking A4 / A5 / S4 / S5 or Q5 / SQ5. It still has to have a bit go about it though as well as having towing capabilities.
Due to Audi's pricing though, I'm thinking about other brands (eg. Range Rover / Land Rover) but not too much floating my boat yet.
Might go for up to a year old if I see the right car and deal.

Reactions: BarryG79 and Pinky1959