Audi tts mk2 electrical Problems

mdwalshy

Reaction score
Hi all, will try and keep this simple,

Since the cold weather has hit, I have had a few problems with my car,

Alarm keeps going off as sometimes the car will think the boot is open, it flashes up on the dash screen now and again for a split second while im driving even though its closed.

spoiler light comes on and cant retract the spoiler, when this light is on the windows don't work.

sometimes I cant unlock/lock the car with the fob

speakers seems to be all over the place as in which ones are working

all this has happened since the snow, not sure if its a coincidence?

I have code read the car and get

01330 Convenience control unit
-No communication
-Permanent

Thanks
Mike

I think it could be either; Convenience control unit or low battery.

I have changed the battery today , the wrong battery was installed on the car and when I checked the voltage I'm my dianostics computer it was very low.

It's seems to be better but still getting the spoiler light pop up now and again today, which stops the central locking working, Windows working on one touch and the spoiler stays in the up position.

Do you know the location of the unit?

Cheers.

It’s a common problem on all VAG hatchbacks, rear wiper motor washer leaking and wash fluid getting into the boot lid switch. If the TT’s wiper motor is the same as all the other hatchbacks, which I suspect it is, this is the first thing to check. Remove the rear inner hatch cover a look for water or water marks. If there is signs of water in there, change the wiper motor and the boot switch.
The proper Valeomotor is widely available about £70 and easily changed.

It’s a common problem on all VAG hatchbacks, rear wiper motor washer leaking and wash fluid getting into the boot lid switch. If the TT’s wiper motor is the same as all the other hatchbacks, which I suspect it is, this is the first thing to check. Remove the rear inner hatch cover a look for water or water marks. If there is signs of water in there, change the wiper motor and the boot switch.
The proper Valeomotor is widely available about £70 and easily changed.

The TT does not have a rear wiper...……………………………………….lol