Audi TT Mk1 Stereo Upgrade (non BOSE system)

sferg410

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently took ownership of my first Audi TT Coupe and wow what a car. I know have my first problem, stereo up grade.

I have a JVC KD-X220, which is radio and USB only type thing.
IMG 20151023 124351

So I pulled out the Audi stereo hoping the wiring harness I had for the stereo to connect into a Ford would work and of course, not a chance. So can anyone tell me how I get these original Audi stereo leads....

IMG 20151023 124731

to connect to these leads on the stereo....??

IMG 20151023 124420

Hope someone can help....
Thanks

OK thanks but I don't understand. The car has 4 block connectors that will need to connect into some kind of sockets on a harness. That link shows a harness that only has one receiving socket, the red one, plus another two black connectors - what would i do with those and with the 3 other original car plugs that do not fit into that red socket on the harness?

Also I do not understand the bit where it says "Please Note: Blue wire needs to be connected to the Remote Antenna or ignition supply wire (if rem ant wire not available) on back of car stereo." - The car has no remote antenna and there are no loose wires coming from the car harness to connect the blue wire to, just the four block connectors.

So the 2 black connectors i can see in that link photo plug into the ISO socket on the back of the JVC stereo? The car red goes into the PC9-401 red and the brown and small black plug into the socket of the PC9-401 that cannot be seen clearly at the back (top of photo)? Is that correct?

If it is, what do i do with the other car black connector, the larger one, on the right of my photo?

I still do not understand the bit where it says "Please Note: Blue wire needs to be connected to the Remote Antenna or ignition supply wire (if rem ant wire not available) on back of car stereo." - The car has no remote antenna and there are no loose wires coming from the car harness to connect the blue wire to, just the four block connectors.

I looked at this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC9-401-A...hash=item58a0edcae5:m:mlOemFanFWu6OfunYs49WTw
and am just more confused.. talks about changing wires and all sorts... and what is the PC5-90 it is talking about????