Audi Sound System

CKAJCA

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Audi A3 35TFSI and paid the additional cost for the Audi Sound System which is supposed to be an upgrade of the basic system but not to the B&O standard. How can I tell if Audi have installed it? I only seem to have Bass, Treble, Balance and front rear Fader settings. I thought that there is a sub woofer in the side wall of the boot and that I would have a setting in the MMI to control the level. Your comments would be appreciated. Thanks. Colin

The subwoofer is located behind the passenger side (uk) panel in the boot so you would not see it but the MMI does have a slider setting for the subwoofer same as treble and bass.

Reactions: CKAJCA
There should also be a single centre dash speaker. Also when u play bass heavy tracks open the boot and go towards the left side. U should be able to somewhat hear / notice a sub thumping away. Guess you are not UK based as we don't get Audi sound system usually. Unless in the RS3

I live in Spain and bought the car here. I will try what you have suggested. Thanks.

Having bought an A3 35 TFSI in Greece, i selected the Audi Sound System too. (Stock < AudiSS < B&O )
There is a subwoofer at the left side of the trunk, but i don't have any slider for the subwoofer either.
Just Treble and Bass. I guess you only get the subwoofer control with the B&O.

Even in the B&O the consensus is that the 'subwoofer' slider actually controls the front door speakers, and the bass slider controls the subwoofer plus rear door 'woofers'. Note the front door speakers on B&O acts like the woofer driver on a home Hifi system. Press your ear on it, and you hear predominiatly bass frequencies with some mumble jumble vocals (low frequencies only). The vocals are from the 4 dash speakers and rear doors.