Audi Sound System - replace tweeters?

leosayer1

Reaction score
I’ve got the Audi Sound System on my sportback. In general I find it to be a good sounding system but it’s just feels a little bit flat at the top end, regardless of how I adjust the treble. I reckon this could easily be solved by replacing the tweeters in the A pillar.

Has anyone done this and if so what with?

Odd that you say that as I find the top end horribly harsh and OTT. I've even resorted to running my iPod on the reduced treble EQ to try and dull it a bit.

That said, I only have the standard system but I believe the speakers are the same, which could suggest an amp trait rather than the speakers themselves

Maybe harsh is a better word...or just not very pleasant. It just seems to lack any sparkle.

Reactions: LuisM
I'm not sure if the standard system actually has tweeters in the A pillar...

That said, I only have the standard system but I believe the speakers are the same, which could suggest an amp trait rather than the speakers themselves
I have the ***, had the A-pillar trim apart to install cam wiring, and suppliers of the tweeters are D+M Premium Sound (who also supply the rest of the speakers in the car, the sub, and the amp).

D+M Premium Sound Solutions